Monday, June 8, 2020

Queer Lit Readathon Wrap Up!

I read 7 books for the Queer Lit Readathon! 

  1. Meet Cute Club was super adorable! It's all about a Romance bookclub that's kind of failing, but then it's founder and a nonbeliever fix it and fall in love! This one has a Black MC written by a Black man. 
  2. The Lady's Guide To Celestial Mechanics was wonderful as well! I super love Historical Romance and science, so this was certainly a win for me.
  3. We Set the Dark on Fire was disappointing. There wasn't enough world building for my liking, but the romance was cute.
  4. Being Jazz was a good, quick read. I've never seen her show, but I found her story interesting and might watch it sometime.
  5. Pink was...problematic. I liked it at first, but it quickly went down hill when the author refused to include the word BISEXUAL. Instead opting for "gay with a twist of straight." No.
  6. The Gravity of Us was a nice surprise! I went into this one knowing nothing and really liked it. Again, science and romance!
  7. Leah on the Offbeat was a hard one for me to rate. I really like it on one hand, but Leah pissed me off at the end. Overall it was good, but just be aware that the author never addresses Leah "label shaming" (is that a thing) her crush.

No comments:

Post a Comment