Saturday, August 15, 2020

Review: Temptation by Fire by Tiffany Allee

Temptation by Fire is a largely forgettable Paranormal Romantic Suspense novel. It has an exciting premise: physic tries to save a man's life after seeing his gruesome death only to be sucked into a world where demons are real, and the hunters are sexy! Ava has always considered her visions a curse, but it's what brings her to Karson, a demon hunter out for revenge. This is all well and good, but I could not keep my mind on this story for some reason.

Every time I sat Temptation by Fire down and picked it back up, I had forgotten what I had read. Nothing would stick. I just was not interested in these characters. Karson was pretty flat for me. All he wanted to do was exorcise demons and kill the one that murdered his entire family. And have sex with Ava.

Ava was just all over the place. First she sees a man die by fire and warns Karson since he was with the man at the time. Karson explains that what she saw was a demon, but she gets it into her dead that Karson is the demon when she walks in on him trying to expel the demon from the man's body. But then she wants to help, so she goes on an "undercover" date with the demon and then freaks out because something is "off" about him. No duh! He's a demon! I was so frustrated with her!

Of course, in the end, good triumphs over evil. I couldn't begin to explain to you how Ava and Karson beat the demons, because like I said, it's totally forgettable it. I can tell you that Temptation by Fire does have the requisite happy ending though. I just didn't care.

No comments:

Post a Comment