Saturday, September 5, 2020

Series Report: Oak Fast Fated Mates by Rebel Carter


Oak Fast Fated Mates is a super quick and cute Paranormal Romance series. Each of the books is novella length, so I finished the first three books in one day, at just under 400 pages. Now I must wait patiently for the rest of them.
 
This series is set in Oak Fast, Alaska, a small town where humans and magical folk live in harmony. The local college even offers a seminar for the humans so that they can learn about their magical neighbors. Based on the title, I'm sure you can guess that all of the books use the "fated mates" trope. This one is quite hit or miss for me, but it worked for these novellas. While magic pushes these couples together, the final binding must be consensual.
 
These could probably be classified as Rom-Coms, but the humor is wasted on me. I've made no secret of the fact that humor in books simply doesn't work for me. But those of you who can process humor properly will likely get a chuckle out of these books. 

Barista and the Bear focuses on a witch and her bear. She's a Luna has a human and her wolf. Fairy Suited is a fairy and his ex-wolf.

No comments:

Post a Comment